Lodging a formal complaint

Help to make a complaint about NHS Continuing Healthcare

This bespoke service is for people who wish to make a formal complaint about an NHS Continuing Healthcare-related matter which cannot be addressed through the appeals process.

Whatever the nature of your complaint, our experienced caseworkers will assess the strength of your grounds before agreeing the most appropriate course of action with you. We can then manage the complaint from start to finish, if you wish us to.

Common complaints we handle are:

  • top-up payments imposed by a ICB, which should be fully-funded by the NHS
  • unreasonable delays in assessment
  • exceptionally poor assessment procedures that have had a significant impact on the quality of the assessment
  • failures in the care planning or personal health budget process including where individuals have been denied their rights
  • medical negligence relating to NHS Continuing Healthcare


How much does it cost?

Our NHS Complaint Service is charged at our hourly rate, which is significantly less than many other firms.

You have complete control over the costs because we won’t tie you into a long contract and we’ll discuss the number of hours required before proceeding at each stage.

To enquire about our NHS Continuing Healthcare Complaints Service
call us on 0345 548 0300 and select option 2, or email

Our current response time for new enquiries for complaint management is two working days (updated September 2021). Try to contact us as soon as possible after you’ve decided to make a complaint. 


Our other services

If you need help preparing for an NHS Continuing Healthcare assessment, talk to us about our Assessment Support Service.

If you’ve already had an assessment and are trying to decide whether to appeal, we recommend our Expert Analysis Service to scrutinise your NHS Continuing Healthcare assessment and decision.

If you have been assessed as not eligible for NHS Continuing Healthcare, and wish to appeal, our Full Appeal Management Service can lead the process on your behalf.

Of if you’re not looking for casework, but have a few questions about your assessment and NHS Continuing Healthcare, contact our free Information and Advice Service.